The Joyful Mysteries
- The Annunciation - Luke 1:26 - 38
- The Visitation - Luke 1:39 - 56
- The Nativity - Luke 2:4 - 20; Matthew 2:1 - 11
- The Presentation - Luke 2:22 - 28
- The Finding in the Temple - Luke 2:41 - 52
The second set of Mysteries, the Sorrowful Mysteries, puts the Cross in the center of our prayer life, as it was central in the life of Jesus Christ.
The Sorrowful Mysteries
- The Agony of the Garden - Matthew 26:36 - 46
- The Scourging - Luke - 23:13 - 16
- The Crowning with Thorns - John 19:2 - 3
- The Bearing of the Cross - John 19:17
- The Crucifixion Mark - Mark 15:23 - 38
The third set of Mysteries, the Glorious Mysteries, center upon the life of Jesus and the Blessed Virgin Mary after Easter.
The Glorious Mysteries
- The Resurrection - Matthew 28:1-10
- The Ascension - Luke 24:50 - 51
- The Coming of the Holy Spirit - Acts 1:13 - 14, 2:1 - 4
- The Assumption of the Virgin Mary - Dormition
- The Coronation of the Virgin Mary - II Timothy 4:8
The fourth set of Mysteries, the Luminous Mysteries, center upon the aspects of Jesus's life which reveal Him as the divine light of the world.
The Luminous Mysteries
- The Baptism in the Jordan - II Corinthians 5:21
- The Wedding at Cana - John 2: 1-12
- The Proclamation of the Kingdom - Mark 1:15
- The Transfiguration - Luke 9:35
- The Institution of the Eucharist - John 13:1
How Do You Use The Rosary?
- To begin the Rosary, holding the crucifix in your right hand, make the sign of the cross - this is done by taking the fingers of your right hand and touching your forehead saying, "in the name of the Father," then touching your chest and saying, "and the Son," then the left shoulder, "and the Holy" and finally the right shoulder, "Spirit. Amen" - and repeat the Apostles' Creed. This is the creed of our Baptism.
- Moving up the pendant, holding the first bead above the crucifix, say the Our Father (The Lord's Prayer). Hail Mary on each of the next three beads, for the intention of the increase of the gifts of Faith, Hope, and Charity. On the chain, in the space before the next bead, say the Glory To The Father.
- Moving up the pendant, say the
- The next bead right before the medal is the Our Father bead that begins the first mystery. Holding the bead, recall the mystery you wish to offer, then begin the Our Father. Hail Mary, on each of the next ten beads.
- Moving past the medal, start up the right hand side of the circle, gently reciting the After the Hail Mary on the last of the ten beads, say the Glory To The Father, etc. on the chain. Moving to the next bead which begins the next mystery, recall the second mystery in the series, and repeat the recitation as above for the first mystery. Begin with the Our Father, then ten Hail Mary's ending with the Glory To The Father. Continue all the beads until you arrive back at the medal. To the end Rosary, the prayer for the feast of the Annunciation may then be said on the medal.
As you become more familiar with the handling of the Rosary and the memorizing of the prayers, you will be able to carry it in your pocket, or wake at night and, by touch find your way around this familiar form of repetitive prayer.Rosary Prayers The Apostles' Creed I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spiritand born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended to the dead. On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father.rosary_copy_copy He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen. Our Father (The Lords Prayer) Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. The Hail Mary Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen. Gloria To The Father (The Gloria Patri) Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit; as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever, Amen. The Collect for the Annunciation Pour your grace into our hearts, O Lord, that we who have known the incarnation of your Son Jesus Christ, announced by an angel to the Virgin Mary, may be his cross and passion be brought to the glory of his resurrection; who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spriit, on God, now and forever Amen.