A nine-month course in the basics of the Faith and its practice. The Catechumenate meets one evening each week for an hour and a half over that nine-month period. The study is led by Deacon Michele Whitford the Parish Catechist. The course culminates in either Confirmation, Reception, or Renewal of Baptismal Vows.
The goals of the Catechumenate are:
- To help each individual develop a deep, personal commitment to Jesus Christ and an openness to the work of the Holy Spirit.
- To provide knowledge and understanding of the basic tenets of the Christian Faith, the sacraments, and the history of the Church.
- To help each individual establish healthy patterns of prayer and spiritual discipline.
- To help each individual discern his or her personal ministries and spiritual gifts.
- To experience the power of Christian community and Fellowship.
- To have a lot of fun together in the process.